It is our pleasure to invite you to Protections 2016, the 2nd International Seminar on Dam Protection against Overtopping that will take place on 7th-9th of September, 2016 in beautiful Fort Collins, Colorado, USA. The successful inaugural event was held November of 2014 in Madrid Spain and attended by participants from 20 countries.
Please email Protections2016@engr.colostate.edu if you plan to attend but will register on site.
The increasing demand for dam and levee safety and flood protection has motivated new research and advancements and a greater need for cost-effective measures in overtopping protection as a solution for overtopping concerns at levees and dams. This seminar will bring together leading experts from practice, research, development, and implementation for two days of knowledge exchange followed by a technical tour of the Colorado State University Hydraulic Laboratory with overtopping flume and wave simulator. This seminar will focus on:
- Critical issues related to levees and dams
- New developments and advanced tools
- Overtopping protection systems
- System design and performance
- Applications and innovative solutions
- Case histories of overtopping events
- Physical modeling techniques and recent studies
- Numerical modeling methods
Learn more about: